Below are what they got:
- Both are FF cameras (the S1 with 24MP and the S1R with 47MP).
- Both are based on the L mount which is the same FF mount used by Leica SL cameras.
- Both will shoot 4K 60p video.
- Both use 2 memory cards – SD and XQD.
- Both will have a top screen and a monitor which flips but also can rotate to the side (but is not fully articulated – sadly).
- The cameras are larger than the GH5 (but holding the S1R in the hand it feels pretty nice).
- There will be 3 initial lenses (at launch) from Panasonic – 24-105mm, 70-200mm (apertures unknown at this point) and a 50mm f/1.4 (Panasonic also promises to have 10 native lenses by 2020 plus quite a few lenses by Leica and possibly some by Sigma).
- Both cameras will have in body image stabilization (as well as some lenses that will also come stabilized).
That is more or less the extent of knowledge that we have about these cameras and lenses at this point (the lenses at the show were 3D printed mockups. The camera was a bit more close to a finished product with an actual sensor inside (which you can see in the video), but it is clearly still early for this camera.