Sigma has officially announced the new MC-31 PL-mount to L-mount lens converter today. By using Sigma’s MC-31 lens converter, users can use PL mount cine lenses on the L-Mount cameras, such as Sigma fp, Panasonic S1, S1R and S1H, and Leica SL cameras.
The price and release date for Sigma MC-31 is not available yet. A production version of this new product will be on display at IBC 2019.
- All-metal construction for excellent durability
- With an aluminum-alloy body and strong brass mount and locking ring, MC-31 boasts excellent durability.
- It is also designed to be secured on the mount of the SIGMA fp with a screw thread, ensuring an even more secure connection between the lens and the camera. This allows users to shoot steady without the lens rattling even after the long-term use.
- The removable tripod socket allows MC-31 to be attached to a tripod or other filmmaking accessories such as a camera cage.
- With the screw thread removed, the stopper of the locking ring is released. This makes it possible to use MC-31 with a PL mount lens that requires tighter mounting than the MC-31’s specifications, allowing the lens to lock securely in place on the converter.
- The markings on the upper part of the converter are in the same luminous paint as the one used for SIGMA CINE LENS, helping make it easier to replace or adjust a lens in the dark.