Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG DN Art Lens for Panasonic/Sigma/Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras. It is a fast standard prime lens, featuring 15 elements, including SLD (special low dispersion), ELD (extraordinary low dispersion), ‘F’ low dispersion (FLD) and aspherical glass. This new lens costs 899, first available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama.
Below are the key features of Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG DN Art lens:
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.