The fourth Sigma L-mount lens now officially announced – Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art lens. This lens has a total of 19 elements, including low dispersion, special low dispersion and aspherical glass. Sigma’s ‘Super Multi-Layer’ and ‘Nano Porous’ coatings have been applied to reduce flare and ghosting. Autofocus is driven by a stepping motor and the lens can focus as close as 18cm (7.1″). Currently no price or release date info about this lens, stay tuned.
SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the SIGMA 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN｜Art.
The front runner goes beyond your dreams
―Leveraging the top-level “Art zooms” performance to whatever your heart envisions
Best performance can be provided due to a large-aperture zoom. This creed made an extremely high sense of resolution achieved in 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, the SIGMA’s first Art zoom dedicated for mirrorless cameras. It is also inherited in 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, the second Art zoom.
By exerting superiority in mirrorless camera-dedicated designs, the lens size and weight are successfully reduced, while achieving uniformity and high resolution from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. Furthermore, compatibility with the latest mirrorless camera bodies and functions assists in various photographic environments and meets the high demands of professional or advanced amateur photographers.
Following 14–24mm F2.8 DG DN | Art, 24–70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art has appeared as the flagship of the new-generation Art zoom and ultimate large-aperture standard zoom lens.
Key features include:
- Best-in-class optical performance. The F2.8 Art flagship zoom lens series is developed to achieve superior optical performance. By employing three aspheric lenses, this zoom lens thoroughly subdues aberrations such as axial chromatic aberration or sagittal coma aberrations, which are difficult to correct in post-processing, tailors the resolution and achieves uniformity and superior optical performance from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range. In addition to Super Multi-Layer Coating, Sigma’s proprietary Nano Porous Coating is employed to achieve high-contrast and clear image quality. This lens is designed to be less affected by strong incident light such as flare.
- Ensuring compatibility with the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies. The Sigma 24–70mm F2.8 DG DN ensures compatibility with various types of the latest full-frame mirrorless camera bodies for Sony E-mount and L-mount, (including the new Sigma fp camera), capable of exerting the best performance under any photographic circumstances.
- Flexibility for various uses and photographic environments. Featuring a dust and splash-proof body and zoom lock mechanism for preventing the lens barrel from extending unexpectedly, the 24-70mm F2.8 meets a wide range of needs for a variety of photographic environments. The maximum magnifications are 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 at the telephoto end, which provides a wider range of expression for close-up photography. The minimum focusing distance is 18 cm at the wide-angle end.
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Available Mount conversion service
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship