Panasonic will officially announce their first full frame mirrorless camera on September 25th, 2018. We are now half a month to the officially announcement. Here are rumored features and specs of this camera:
- The camera will use a new Panasonic sensor unsure of MP but believed to be around 30MP
- Full frame readout in 4k no pixel binning, no crop in 4k 24/25
- Internal 4k 10bit 4:2:2 recording up to 60p (all i frames in 24/25 believed to be around 200mbs)
- Possible 4k raw recording (may be external output only, there had been some early difficulty with hdmi and raw output)
- Two card slots not sure if they are 2 x sdxc or 1x cfast 2.0 and 1x sdxc (probably depends on whether raw recording is internal or external)
- Early prototype had no ibis due to sensor size and other internal elements, may change on release.
- New ff lenses will have is, unsure if all new lenses will have it but if there is no ibis then it would make sense.
- Audio adaptor similar to gh5 with more robust connection and additional controls
- There will be some type of variable nd, not sure if this is an add on adaptor or built in.
- Adaptors will be available for other lens mounts canon ef etc… unsure if they will work with the nd adaptor.
- Weather sealed body, unsure if it is fully weather sealed but speculation is it is shower /splash dust proof.
- Headphone, mic, usbc, hdmi, flash to double as timecode sync as with Gh5s
- Price estimated to be in the region of $3,000
Follow Panasonic Full Frame Mirrorless Camera on Facebook: