Leica has just released a new firmware version 2.0 for Leica SL2 L-mount full frame mirrorless camera. The main change is that Leica SL2 canon now capture 187MP images via a Multishot mode. You can download firmware 2.0 here.
Details of Leica SL2 firmware version 2.0:
|Multishot||• With Multishot the user can create photos with a resolution up to 187MP.
• One photo will be taken at normal resolution (47MP) and one at high resolution (187MP).
|Improvement on the Video Menu GUI||• In the submenus of the video mode, a white highlighted header shows that the user operates in video mode.|
|Improvement on the AF field size setting||• The AF-field size can be changed with a long tap without moving the AF field.|
|SD-Card naming||• After formatting the SD-Card, the card will be named with “Leica SL2”.|
|Detection of M lenses||6-bit coded M lenses will be recognized at all time with the M-Adapter L.|
|Elimination of artifacts on very fast continuous shooting||In the drive mode “Continous – Very High Speed” there were artifacts in the DNG under certain settings, which have now been removed.|
|Correction of the focus distance value of feet||The focus distance on the top display has been corrected and now shows the correct values.|
|Connectivity enhancements with App and Image Shuttle||General improvements for a faster and more stable connection between camera and smartphone or computer.|
Information on Multishot Function
- Only full-frame lenses are suitable for use with the multishot function.
- Any aperture between 1 and 16 can be selected.
- As ISO settings, values from 50 to 3200 are possible.
- The use of a flash is not possible.
- The electronic shutter is always used.
- The multishot function automatically turns off the image stabilization (BIS and OIS).
- The shutter speeds range from 1/40,000 to 1sec.